I couldn’t go all fall with posting a pumpkin recipe. These are my favorite pumpkin cupcakes and one of my favorite frosting paired with them.
When I took these to work to share, reactions where “these are so good!” and “do you sell these?” and “can I have the recipe?” So, I figured they were good enough to post. Side note, this also pairs well with the salted caramel frosting from the apple cupcake recipe.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted and cooled
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 1/2 sticks butter (.75 cups)
6 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon (more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or other large mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugars and mix on medium until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time waiting after each until mixed well.
- Slowly add in about 1/2 of the dry ingredients. Mix on low until just combined. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed to ensure all ingredients are combined.
- Fold pumpkin into batter.
- Divide batter into ~24 cupcakes liners. I find it helpful to use a 3tbsp cookie scoop to evenly portion batter for cupcakes. If you do not have one, fill approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until down. For cupcakes I like to gently press on the dome, if it pops back up they are done.
- Let cupcakes cool on cooling rack before frosting.
- While cupcakes are cooling place butter and cream cheese in bowl of mixer. Beat until creamed together.
- Add powdered sugar slowly while mixing on low followed by cinnamon.
- Frost cupcakes and devour.
Recipe adapted from Made in Melissa’s Kitchen