I received some free, already peeled and sliced apples from my mom this past weekend. What a win! I didn’t have any of the hard work to do. I knew I needed to make something sweet with them, so I decided to mix it up from my usual cupcake and instead make a cheesecake.
I could probably eat the whole thing in one sitting. So, the cheesecake pictured is 1/3 of the recipe, as I didn’t want to be tempted to try.
1 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers (I used regular, but I bet the cinnamon flavored ones would work great)
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 – 8 oz packages cream cheese (full fat or 1/3 fat)
1 cup sugar
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup finely chopped apples
caramel sauce for swirling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Combine melted butter, crushed graham crackers and sugar. Press into bottom on pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.
- Next add sugar, greek yogurt and vanilla to cream cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Add eggs one at time, making sure they are fully incorporated.
- Gently fold in apples and cinnamon.
- Pour batter onto cooled crust. Place small puddles of caramel sauce on top, gently run knife through to make swirled effect.
- Bake cheesecake for about 1.5 hours, until nearly set. When you bump the pan the middle of the cheesecake should barely jiggle.
- Turn off the oven and allow cheesecake to cool for 1-2 hours before removing to cooling rack.
A few notes – some people prefer to bake cheesecakes in a water bath, as it often helps prevent cracking. I do not have a dish large enough to place the cheesecake into, so I skipped this step. I also find that the speed in which the cheesecake cools to lead to cracking; hence allowing it to cool in the oven prior to removal can be helpful.
Hello my name is Tamika Willis and I work with your husband at Primanti Bros. I’m a person who is a foodie and love to cook; I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate you sending your husband in to work with all of those delicious desserts!!! Everything that you have sent in so far has been truly amazing!!!! I have told Zach to tell you but I wanted to personally say “Thank You” Seeing those desserts in the break room really make my day! So thank you!
You are very welcome 🙂 Thank you so much for the compliments!